Herb Memories

abcaines

Staff member
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Christian Motorcyclists Association founder, Herb Shreve shares from his heart...

so did i..... but i;m not disappointed... . if i had listened to hreb and gone away to bake cookies every time he told me to... this whole forum would be suffering type 2 diabetes....
Guess I beat you to the punch on that one, having been t2d since 1997. But, I would have loved those cookies! Better yet, special brownies like we used to have in Pekin Illinois!

Guess I beat you to the punch on that one, having been t2d since 1997. But, I would have loved those cookies! Better yet, special brownies like we used to have in Pekin Illinois
i have a friend that makes a special kind of brownie... ...she wanted my dad to try them.... ... he didn;t take her up on it though... ......but hreb had no idea what he was doing suggesting i make cookies... . i am a fairly good cook but a terrible baker... . i tried to make super healthy oatmeal cookies once from scratch.... but i had no idea how much finished dough to put on the trays.... . they ended being oatmeal frisbees... fell apart easy and were best put on a plate and eaten with a spoon.... ...but they were tasty.. :)

Christian Motorcyclists Association founder, Herb Shreve shares from his heart...

great video.... i enjoyed watching that.... :cool:(y) .... made me wish my sister would pull her motorcycle out of storage so we could go riding again... .... thats the only way i ever get to go is hanging onto her on the back of her bike.... ... but it;s not one of those comfortable harley roadster types... . it;s a ducati monster....🏍️

but caines, I really did enjoy that presentation. Did you know that fella?
No. I really wish I had. Mrs. abcaines and I have been involved with CMA for the past ten years or so. It's when I hear stuff like this that I catch the vision he had. I just got done listening to a sermon from Ephesians chapter 4 that covered a lot of the same ground this short presentation covered... It's about our calling.

We'll be traveling to his old stomping grounds this summer and I hope to meet up with folks who knew him.

Our chapter charter is signed by him.

Last edited:
great video.... i enjoyed watching that.... :cool:(y) .... made me wish my sister would pull her motorcycle out of storage so we could go riding again... .... thats the only way i ever get to go is hanging onto her on the back of her bike.... ... but it;s not one of those comfortable harley roadster types... . it;s a ducati monster....🏍️
Hawaii is the only state that doesn't have a CMA chapter... Sounds like a calling to me! 😎

Hawaii is the only state that doesn't have a CMA chapter... Sounds like a calling to me! 😎
hawaii does have a lot of motorcycle clubs though.... every saturday and sunday they are on the road riding in groups... ... they usually take the round the island road that goes through haleiwa.... ..which is one reason we always chose weekends to make our round the island bicycle rides... ... all of the motorcycles cruising in formation on the road actually made it a little bit safer for us too.... drivers of cars seemed to be automatically more aware and cautious on those days... ... but on regular week days... when people were speeding around the curves on that road to get to their jobs in town... that road was a nightmare.....

i have a friend that makes a special kind of brownie... ...she wanted my dad to try them.... ... he didn;t take her up on it though... ......but hreb had no idea what he was doing suggesting i make cookies... . i am a fairly good cook but a terrible baker... . i tried to make super healthy oatmeal cookies once from scratch.... but i had no idea how much finished dough to put on the trays.... . they ended being oatmeal frisbees... fell apart easy and were best put on a plate and eaten with a spoon.... ...but they were tasty.. :)
My wife and I have both had those kinds of experiences! We both are EXCELLENT cooks and at one time thought about buying a restaurant that was getting ready to go on the market in Augusta, GA. Wish we had! It's changed hands at least four times in the past 40 years...we'd have owned it 36 years if we had.

Bump.

I'm bumping this up because this forum is the best way to save a YouTube link for later play, especially if you want to play it without an annoying ad for laxatives. Ads are becoming more annoying and insulting all the time.

I will be showing this video at our chapter meeting tomorrow.

Bump.

I'm bumping this up because this forum is the best way to save a YouTube link for later play, especially if you want to play it without an annoying ad for laxatives. Ads are becoming more annoying and insulting all the time.

I will be showing this video at our chapter meeting tomorrow.
Annoying until you need a laxative. ;)

Very successful. Our meeting was at a local library. The meeting room has a huge flat screen TV. All I had to do was check out an HDMI cable and hook it up to my laptop. I went to the above link... No muss no fuss.